HIS GLORY.......

Posted by  | Monday, June 2, 2008  at 11:19 AM  
If I could do one thing different….I kind of put this topic in the category of “regrets.” I really hate the idea of looking back on past regrets because it can be a little depressing and discouraging. BUT I do think that it can be healthy when those “refection times” are turning points of change in our lives. When I was thinking about what to write for this topic, I opened a word doc and quickly typed in the immediate regrets that came to my mind. They are not all related to my children but have definitely affected my “mommying.” Here’s my list:

**Say kinder words
**Trust Christ with all of my future
**Always be respectful to my husband
**Listen more carefully to my children
**Be consistent in my walk with Jesus
**Have JOY in ALL things

Boy! Those cover A LOT of regrets for me! Each day I am faced with each one of these and each day I have a choice to obey or not to obey what Christ has already told me over and over! My struggle comes when I just don’t “feel” like obeying. When that happens HE is not glorified in my life. That’s it! That’s the one thing I would do differently….SEEK GOD’S GLORY in ALL THINGS. When this happens, Christ receives the glory whether I “feel” like it or not.

Jude 24 and 25
Now all GLORY to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault. All GLORY to him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All GLORY, majesty, power, and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...