Homemade Wall Words

Posted by  | Tuesday, September 9, 2008  at 10:45 PM  
I really liked the idea of having scripture visible in our home, both for us to remember and as a testimony to anyone who might come to our house. I wanted to use Wall Words, or something similar, but didn’t want to pay for it. So, I decided to try to make my own. My husband and I chose a verse that we wanted in a prominent place in our home and I picked a font on the computer. He printed the verse for me in the largest font possible. Then, I taped the words to the wall, making sure they were spaced evenly and were level. I traced one word at a time by putting carbon paper behind the words and tracing the letters that I had printed on paper. Then, I simply removed my template and filled in the words with calligraphy markers. Needless to say, this is one verse we now have memorized!

6 comments:

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

I really like this, and have wanted to do this myself in some rooms of our home. However, I live in an apartment complex where we cannot paint (or write!) on the walls. I've been trying to come up with a modification, and was thinking of painting the words on a flat piece of canvas board, the same color as the wall, and then attaching the canvas to the wall. I've also thought of doing it on fabric to hang on the wall. Does anyone have an idea?

Hollie Carson said...

Margaret,
This is so RAD! Awesome idea! Look at you being all creative on us! I'm TOTALLY going to consider doing this in our home. And the coolest part about it all is that even if every POH reader did this, odds are every finished product would be unique.

Shannon,
I will ALWAYS vote for fabric, because you can add texture to your design, as well as color with little effort. Add texture when you can, for it really stands out.
Now, the "how to" part is where I'd have to think on this a bit. I'll get back to you.

Rachael Davis said...

That verse looks beautiful right there!!! When we lived in our own home (in seminary housing right now), we had scripture painted around the top of the wall in our kitchen. I love the idea of having the Word on your "doorposts!" Now I'm excited about figuring out the "apartment" version!!

noahandlylasmommi said...

that is so neat!!! I cant wait to do something like that!

Check out The Webels said...

What a fantastic idea! I really like this! Hopefully DH will like the idea too!

Kelley said...

I had never heard of this! LOVE the idea and am already thinking of where in my house I can do it! Thanks for the fabulous idea...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...