How to Make your Own ... Preschool Fun!

Posted by  | Tuesday, September 9, 2008  at 2:08 PM  
Play-Doh!

Since this is such a huge hit at our house right now, I've been finding recipes to make our own. Here is a GREAT site with lots of different ways to make it. These are two of my favorites:

PlayDough 2

1 cup flour
1 cup warm water
2 teaspoons cream of tarter
1 teaspoon oil
1/4 cup salt
food coloring

Mix all ingredients (add food coloring last). Stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from pan, let cool slightly, and knead until blended and smooth. Store in a plastic bag or airtight container when cooled.

*Just a little reminder that food coloring and kool-aid (should you use that recipe) both stain hands and clothes!

Flubber (I LOVE this recipe. I used to make it with my students!)
You will need two bowls
In bowl 1 mix
3/4 cup warm water
1 cup white glue
Food coloring

In bowl 2 mix
2 tsp borax
1/2 a cup warm water

Mix bowl 1 well, Mix bowl two well...Now let the magic begin! pour bowl 1 into bowl two...No need to mix just reach on in and grab your flubber..work it for 3 minutes.

Thanks, SimplyMoms!


Felt Crayon Holder

This is a handy way to travel with crayons! It can also be used for colored pencils. (When I was growing up, we weren't allowed to have crayons in the car so my Mom always got us colored pencils. They don't melt if they're left in the hot car!!) These also make a CUTE gift for your next birthday party! I haven't made one of these myself yet, but it is my first project once I conquer my sewing machine. :)

Directions for Felt Crayon Holder from Skip to My Lou.

More directions for a fabric crayon holder.


Recycled Crayons

My son has an amazing ability to destroy crayons; even the fat toddler ones. So...I'm waiting until he destroys just enough to make these recycled crayons. They can be made in cool shapes!

1 comment:

Hollie Carson said...

Christina,
I have been wanting to make some type of crayon holder for a while and I really like this one. And the recycled crayons...AWESOME! We want to see pics when you do make them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...