Three More Recipes

Posted by  | Monday, September 22, 2008  at 9:36 PM  
Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwiches
1. Pound out chicken breasts. Dip in beaten egg, then in flour/breadcrumb/italian seasoning mixture. Cook in med. hot skillet with butter.
2. Put cooked chicken on pan. Put a slice of ham and a slice of swiss cheese on top. Broil until cheese melts.
3. Put on toasted bun with mustard.
That's it! It's pretty simple but very yummy!

Taco Soup
1. Brown 1# ground beef or sausage with chopped onion.
2. Put meat in large pot. Add 2 cans stewed tomatoes, 1 lg. can tomato sauce, 2 pkgs. taco seasoning, 2 cans kidney beans, 2 cans corn (drained).
3. Cook for about 1/2 hour - sorry to be vague. You're pretty much just warming it all up. You can also put this in the crockpot on low.
**I usually only make HALF of this recipe b/c the whole thing feeds quite a few people**

Southwest Chicken
Add 6 chicken breasts, 2 C. salsa, 1 can of corn (drained), and 1 can of black beans (drained & rinsed) to the crockpot. Cook on low for 6 hours.
**I also usually only make half this recipe**
Thanks Jessica for this recipe!!

2 comments:

Jillian said...

I love your menu ideas! I'm inspired! I went to a "funshop" on menu planning and the lady teaching did something similar. We've implemented it in our home but we took it even a step further. I grouped the meals into menus (spanning 10 days because we shop once every 1 1/2 weeks) I then photocopied all of the recipes and made computer generated shopping lists. I then assembled the "packets" into vinyl sleeves and we rotate the menus about once every 5 weeks. This way when I head to the grocery store I have my menu and my list and my recipes all together. One more suggestion would be to keep at list of your staple items inside one of your cabinets (I would laminate it) and then each time you run out of something you circle it. This makes it easy to keep up with the items that you can't quite remember once you are at the store if you have or if you don't. This system could be as flexible as you wanted it to be allowing for variety based on seasonal foods and such. For me, staying at home with 3 under age 4 and homeschooling, having a system is a MUST!

Unknown said...

yum! these 3 will be added to the list! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...