Rewind: How to Make...Felt Food!

Posted by  | Wednesday, November 25, 2009  at 3:06 PM  
This post was originally posted by Hollie during a "How to Make..." week. We are going to be having another one of those in a few weeks, so stay tuned! This post was about felt food, but you can find all of the "How to Make" posts here.

I made some felt food for a Laney's 3-year old friend Vivian. I bought a pattern off of Etsy for a very reasonable price. Click on that link and check out some of the coolest pieces of felt food you've ever seen. The pattern was emailed to me that day. You probably should buy a pattern for the very detailed pieces of food (like the banana I made that you can peel), but for basic ones like a donut or a fried egg, you can wing it.

You Need:



-artificial felt squares ( I bought mine at Walmart and Joanne's)
-embroidery thread (matching your felt, depending on the food you're making)
-embroidery needle
*you can use regular thread if you don't want it to be visible.
-Poly-fil stuffing
-velcro ( for pieces of a fruit to be put together -- slices of an apple or orange)





Here's the peelable banana I made for Vivian:






Here's my egg I made "off the cuff." I looked on etsy and did a goodle search until I found the right egg for me and tried my best to create it. It was so much fun! I wanted to make two sausage links and some pancakes (with a cube of butter and syrup) to go with it, but I ran out of time.


I can't wait to outfit Laney's kitchen with all felt food!! ( I will probably wait until she's two and a half or three years old)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...