A Psalm for my anxious heart

Posted by  | Tuesday, April 5, 2011  at 12:51 PM  
I quoted this psalm to a friend this morning who was feeling anxious and in need of God's peace and provision. I believe that God's word does not return void, and that has been the case today--as I showed this psalm to my friend, it has been comfort to me during stressful parenting times this morning when I am frustrated with my children (do you ever feel that way? :-) I pray that it might be a blessing to someone else who reads this!

Psalm 84

How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of hosts!
My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God.
Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may lay her young, at your altars, O Lord of hosts,
my King and my God.
Blessed are those who dwell in your house,
ever singing your praise!
Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
in whose heart are the highways to Zion.
As they go through the Valley of Baca they make it a place of springs;
the early rain also covers it with pools.
They go from strength to strength;
each one appears before God in Zion.
O Lord God of hosts, hear my prayer;
give ear, O God of Jacob!
Behold our shield, O God;
look on the face of your anointed!
For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
The Lord bestows favor and honor.
No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly.
O Lord of hosts, blessed is the one who trusts in you!

2 comments:

kd said...

And oh, how I do love and cherish this psalm, friend!

Courtney said...

So funny for me to check this out. I have had this psalm quoted twice this past week (one of those being this morning). It has been such a great source of peace to me recently.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...