How to get your kids to eat their vegetables

Posted by  | Monday, July 11, 2011  at 10:43 AM  
One word for you: FROZEN.

Since my youngest was about 10 months old and teething, I have given my kids frozen fruits and vegetables. This is a quick, simple way to get vital nutrients to your kids in a fun and delicious manner.

When Samuel was 10 months old I had a friend recommend giving him frozen peas and carrots to eat. The cold veggies felt good on his teething gums. And the small size provided great development of his fine motor skills (the pincher grip). Since the veggies are pre-cooked, they are actually easy for a baby to chew and swallow.

Even now at ages 3 and 4, my boys love frozen fruits and vegetables. I love it too because it's easy to keep a few bags on hand and shake them on their plate at mealtimes or for a quick, refreshing snack.

Some of our favorites:
Sliced Carrots
Peas and Carrots
Whole Green Beans
Blueberries
Strawberries

My boys hands-down favorite is Frozen Blueberries. They love this simple snack. It is especially great in the winter when it's harder to get quality fresh fruit.

Do your kids enjoy frozen fruits and veggies? What are your favorites? Does this post encourage you to try it?

1 comment:

Stasha said...

Just be careful and keep a close eye on kids 2 and under eating small frozen things like peas or blueberries. They're hard and just the right size to be a choking hazard for little ones. I think it's a great idea for kids 3 and up though. My kids love frozen fruits and now I'm curious to try frozen veggies and see if they'll like them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...