If you are thinking about homeschooling...

Posted by  | Tuesday, December 27, 2011  at 10:11 PM  
I sat down this evening to start setting some goals for 2012 - both personal and professional (ha, ha - by that I mean things to do with parenting, housework, and homeschooling). Even though we've been "doing school" for almost 5 months, I am still looking for ways to do it better. Namely, to put a little more effort into it.

In my organizing tonight, I kept coming back to the website Homeschool Creations, created by a homeschooling mom of 4 named Jolanthe. She does so many awesome things on her blog. And I got to thinking that her blog really could be the start and finish of a great homeschool curriculum for anyone starting out with homeschooling their preschooler. She has a long list of Printable Packs that she's developed that are centered around a variety of topics - ex. Princesses, Robots, Disney Cars, etc. The idea is to print off the free Printable Pack and use it over the course of a week to cover things like pre-reading, pre-writing, shape sorting, number recognition, etc.

She has also been working on developing Literature-based Printable Packs. These are along the idea of the Five in a Row book. The Printable Pack is centered on a book - ex. Blueberries for Sal, We're Going on a Bear Hunt, etc. It would be so easy, so fun, and SO educational to just do a book a week and use her free Printable Pack.


I realize as I write this that it sounds like one big advertisement for Homeschool Creations, and I guess maybe it is. Except I don't know this lady and I'm not getting paid for it! Really, I was just thinking to share her blog here because I know there are some of you with preschoolers at home that would like to try your hand at homeschooling. So I encourage you to go check it out. Pick a book, print off the pack and see what you think.

2 comments:

Hollie Carson said...

Leah, this is just what I need for the next six months. I will be doing five in a row-bought the book off of craigslist- but I am loving these ideas off of that blog. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to sit down and organize my thoughts and goals. Just got back in town and my head is spinning with just getting the house straight. :)

Karla said...

Leah, I really like homeschool creations as well.
I have also used the sites below.

This are also great websites:
This first one has all the planing done, lots of free printing material, scripture memorization and other great ideas! I used this when I began homeschooling my 5yr old (now 7yrs. old) He learned how to read with the blookets from this site.

http://www.hubbardscupboard.org/

This other site (below) is great! Lots of great ideas and also some free printable materials. She is a teacher but decided to homeschool her kiddos. Great ideas, just don't get overwhelmed by all the things she has on her blog or even compare what you are doing with what she is doing. Every homeschooling family will be different. :)

http://1plus1plus1equals1.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...