Resurrection Eggs

Posted by  | Tuesday, April 19, 2011  at 3:02 PM  
This is a repost from a few years ago. There are links to instructions for making your own Resurrection Eggs. These have been the best way for our kids to learn the events leading up to Jesus' death and resurrection. They LOVE them! I plan to update this post with some new pictures of my kids and the eggs. 




Edited to add: I just found the file I created for my resurrection eggs. It is a word file - so if you would like it, email us and I'll send it to you! 
This past Easter, I so enjoyed making resurrection eggs with Will (who was not quite 3 at the time). We enjoyed going through them several times in the week leading up to Easter and Will really seemed to understand most of them. I am already looking forward to using them this year with him a little older.

Basically the concept is that each egg holds a small item that represents some part of the Easter story. You also add a piece of paper with a scripture reference on it pertaining to the item.

For example: Judas betrayed Jesus for 3o pieces of silver. Therefore, one egg contained a few dimes along with the scripture reference for Matthew 27:3, "When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, he was seized with remorse and returned the thirty silver coins to the chief priests and the elders." The last egg is empty - symbolizing the tomb! (That was Will's favorite egg!)

When I made mine - I found several different resources online for examples of items and scriptures to use. I think I used a combination of a few sites based on the items I had on hand to make my eggs with. My friend Sarah, has a good list for resurrection eggs on her craft blog. There are also instructions at Christian Homemaking.

You can also purchase resurrection eggs at Christian bookstores or Amazon - but I thought it was more fun and meaningful (not to mention cheaper!) to make them myself. In addition, I decided to make a second set while making ours and look forward to giving them away to someone in the near future! Possibly some young friends of ours in the neighborhood!

Has anyone else made or used resurrection eggs?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...