More Link Love

Posted by  | Tuesday, August 9, 2011  at 8:32 PM  
I originally typed out a post about all the wonderful ways to save money on the internet (group coupon sites like Groupon, Swagbucks, and more)...but then I lost the post. A few other articles/posts have come to my attention as well, so instead of focusing just on saving money, I thought I would give you a list of links this week.

For saving money while on the internet:
Swagbucks -- earn Swagbucks through searching the internet and completing task. Redeem Swagbucks for prizes and gift cards. My favorite? $5 Amazon gift card for 450 SB. Sign up now, use code AUGUSTBONUS when joining and you will receive 80 SB instead of just 30 (good through August 12)

Money Saving Mom has a great post about how to earn Swagbucks. Check it out!

Ebates -- Ebates is an online coupon and rebate site. They have coupons for over 1,200 stores, and if you shop through their site, you receive a rebate on your online purchase.

Groupon, Living Social, and Plum District -- These are group coupon sites that offer a discount on a store/restaurant/service provider, and if enough people want it, the deal goes through and you get a great discount. You probably use one of these, but check out all of them, and keep your eyes open for online deals in other cities. Websites like Money Saving Mom and others are usually good about letting you know when an online deal (say for Shutterfly) comes available.

Heartsy and GroopDealz -- These sites are for those unique, handmade gifts you are looking for. Heartsy gives discounts (like Groupons) on Etsy shops, while GroopDealz provides one or two offers a day on particular items (like earrings or kids clothes).


For your encouragement:
Dr. Russ Moore has a great post about why you should read fiction (it includes a book recommendation!

I really appreciate the suggestions found in this post about Big Church for Small Kids

I found this list of six spiritual questions to be helpful. Do you have anyone in your life who asks you hard questions?

My toes are greatly stepped on (in a necessary way) in this list of 25 ways to provoke your child to anger.

A friend of POH and several of the writers here, Rachael Davis, wrote a great post about cultivating a love of reading in your children. She has great ideas that I am even now incorporating.

Thanks for reading my list! Note: several of the "money-saving" links are my referral links (I get a small 'bonus' or something if you sign up through my link)

1 comment:

Cecilia said...

Great links! I would also recommend babysteals.com. They have one item discounted a day related to babies. I don't like everything, but I was able to get an ergo (brand new) this way for around $60.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...