Leah F's last random favorites

Posted by  | Wednesday, March 28, 2012  at 2:56 PM  
As we wind down the month of March, here are few of my latest favorites from all over the blogosphere!

~My good friend Lauren (a POH reader, too!) wrote a great two-part blog series about Bringing Children into Corporate Worship (Part 1 and Part 2). As a pastor's wife with four small children, she knows what she's talking about!

~Yes, I have read The Hunger Games trilogy. Yes, I have seen the movie, and I find this blogpost about The Hunger Games to be the most insightful, accurate assessment that I have read: Postcards from Dystopia--Misunderstanding the Hunger Games

~Downton Abbey season 2 is over now, and our lives feel a little emptier on Sunday evenings! The second season was, in my opinion, not as good as the first, though it had some wonderful moments. Many were concerned about one of the plots involving Lord Grantham, and I appreciate this commentary on that topic: Whom Can We Trust if Not Lord Grantham?

~This weekend, Nathan and I are taking a weekend getaway to Bed and Breakfast at Peace Hill, our first since before our youngest was born. We plan to treat this as a marriage retreat, reading The Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller and perhaps talking through some of these items together: Coffee Talk Cards and Marriage Challenge Questions and 10 Things That Have Made the Difference in Marriage.

~As we prepare for Easter, I like this simple storybook for my children, The Story of Easter. It covers the entire story in an easy-to-understand manner, with colorful illustrations that appeal to my kids. Though I have not read this one by R.C. Sproul, The Donkey Who Carried a King, I am hoping to find it soon so we can be reading it as well. For my edification, I really enjoy Nancy Guthrie's collections of sermons/thoughts on Easter in Jesus Keep Me Near the Cross. It is a wonderful habit to read one of the sermons each evening before going to bed--it helps to focus my mind on Christ and not on the things of this world which might distract and alarm me.

~My favorite snack right now are these homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars. They are so simple and so very delicious! It involves a few of my favorite things (honey, peanut butter, oats, chocolate), so why should I be surprised that I love them? My youngest daughter's favorite food (that isn't exactly what we are eating) are the Happy Tot Pouches--have you tried these? She can finish them off in no time, and I like the fact that they are portable and healthy! I just wish they were less expensive.

~My favorite 'getting ready for the summer' scent is this Lemon Pomegranate Body Wash from Bath and Body Works. I normally don't like really strong scents, but I love everything pomegranate, including this. The body wash is thick and creamy and just smells really happy. The lemon reminds me of spring and summer, but pomegranate is found in the fall, so it is a great 'year round' scent. It's my splurge body wash.

~Daniel Renstrom has a great three song children's album called "Jesus Wants My Heart." I officially bought it for my kids, but I enjoy it so much I play it just for me! "Love Love Love" will make you smile even as it is teaching you truths about God :-)

~Every year I participate in a walkathon to benefit my local crisis pregnancy center. I am amazed at what this center does to educate people and minister to those individuals and families going through an unplanned pregnancy. As I try to raise my funds for the walk (here is my 4000 Steps Fundraising Page), I am saddened by the statistics of abortions in our local county and around the nation. Those statistics make me so grateful that there are many championing the cause of adoption. In fact, we will be talking about adoption here on POH in April--I hope you will check back to read stories, book reviews and more!


Thanks for reading my ramblings!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...