Another toddler belt!

Posted by  | Wednesday, February 4, 2009  at 8:00 AM  

Here is another option for a toddler belt.

Materials:

1 inch wide webbing
5/8 inch wide grosgrain ribbon
2 - 1 inch D rings

For this belt - I bought all of my supplies at Walmart. You can get the nylon (I think) webbing there for very cheap. I also found cotton, nylon and printed webbing at JoAnns. I have an adorable sea turtle printed belt for Will this summer. You could get all of the supplies from the same site I recomended in my post on key fobs, called CraftersVision. They have a greater color selection for their webbing than Walmart! They also have adorable printed webbing that wouldn't need a ribbon!! Super easy and SUPER cheap.

Basically - you cut the webbing to the length you want it. You cut the ribbon to the same length. You sew a straight stitch down both sides of the ribbon securing it to the belt. I used a zig-zag/satin stitch to keep the edges from fraying. Loop one end through your D rings and secure with at least two stitches as shown in the picture.

And I don't have a picture of it - but I made a similar belt for myself using the slightly wider webbing and ribbon from CraftersVision!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...