Leah P's Top Pics for a New Mom

Posted by  | Tuesday, January 4, 2011  at 6:25 PM  
This was the very first topic we covered on Prayer of Hannah in September 2007. I can't believe we've been blogging for over three years now! I am updating my list and sharing it with you all here. This would be a care package that I would give to any new mom:

One – Nursing Tank Top. This is a high recommendation by me. It is great for sleeping and around the house – believe me, you’ll need all the extra support you can get. (Target $16.99)

Two – Ring Sling. This is my favorite type of carrier for newborn through 4 months. It’s nice because you can cinch the baby close to your chest. It’s excellent contact for mom and baby and makes it easy to be hands-free. If you have the money, there are beautiful ones for sale at http://www.zolowear.com/. If you’re like me, you can’t spring that kind of cash. I show you how to make one on my blog http://www.slingyourbaby.blogspot.com/. (Handmade $10.00)

Three – Lanolin Cream. I recommend getting some of this before you go to the hospital. I used it each and every time I nursed, right from the beginning. It was a lifesaver. (Babies R Us $6.99)

Four – The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding. I remember having SO many questions during those first few months with a newborn. Even as a second time mom, there were questions I had that I wanted to look up. (Amazon $12.92)

Five – Swaddle. I used a summer one when Samuel was born in August and a winter one with Joel, who was born in March. They are very handy for wrapping baby up to sleep snuggly. (Amazon $10.99)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...