Your ______-Year-Old

Posted by  | Sunday, March 13, 2011  at 10:27 AM  

Your Three-Year-Old: Friend or Enemy

Your Four-Year-Old: Wild and Wonderful

Your Five Year Old: Sunny and Serene

A friend at church recommended this series of books a while ago. We were talking about difficulties I was having with both kids and she encouraged me to check these books out. The author is Louise Bates Ames and the series starts with one year olds and goes through 14 year olds! 

I was able to find the three above at our local library. I have not finished reading them - so I can't do a full review on each, but wanted to go ahead and put them out there. Obviously, we have a little girl that just turned 3. Our son is 4.5 and will be 5 in June. My friend suggested these on the basis of encouraging me that all I was experiencing with my kids was normal behavior for their age. It doesn't mean that its right, it just means that I'm not the only one to have to deal with it, discipline for it, etc. 

So far, they are really helpful in understanding a little better what to expect with each age. Obviously, all children are different, have different personalities and may not fit every description. But for the most part, I've found the book to be pretty accurate to both of my kids (who are still very different!).

I've been reading the three and four year old ones...and if you notice the subtitles of each, three year olds are "friend or enemy" and four year olds are "wild and wonderful." I'm looking forward to age five now! :) "Sunny and Serene" here we come! 

1 comment:

Jennifer S said...

I think I need to have my daughter read the book - she's 5 and she doesn't know she's supposed to be "sunny and serene"!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...